flynscot

Texas Tanneries?

I'm a fifth-generation Texan, making leather products in Texas, and am having a devil of a time finding a Texas-based tannery that actually tans their hides here in the state.

From a marketing perspective, I'd really like a Total-Texas product.

Any clues or leads?

Thanks!

-- The Flyin' Scot

Missouri and Pennsylvania and Illinois for vegetable tanned. There might be some chrome tanners in Texas.

Art

I'm a fifth-generation Texan, making leather products in Texas, and am having a devil of a time finding a Texas-based tannery that actually tans their hides here in the state.

From a marketing perspective, I'd really like a Total-Texas product.

Any clues or leads?

Thanks!

-- The Flyin' Scot

Missouri and Pennsylvania and Illinois for vegetable tanned. There might be some chrome tanners in Texas.

Art

I've used Wickett and Craig in PA, always been happy with them.

Edited by Btbowie

Thanks, guys! I've looked at Wicett and Craig and they seem to offer a consistantly good product at a decent price. Might just go with them.

No tanneries that I know of in Texas. I do know of a company called Panhandle leathers that sells and carries Hermann Oak leathers.

Good luck and greetings from Central Texas!

Hello, Let me introduce myself, I'm Billy Brown owner of Diamond B Leather. I have just start a new business this year and I sell Hermann Oak leather any size piece you need. I agree that W & C produce nice leather, I just lean to the Hermann Oak a little more. Check me out at www.diamondbleather.com and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me I would be glad to help.