Sign in to follow this  
cinatas

Molding Leather

post-17077-062460100 1291472228_thumb.jppost-17077-041955900 1291472280_thumb.jpI have a motorcycle seat that I would like to make. The leather pieces will consist of a bottom piece, untooled and unmolded. The top will be made of 6-7 oz. veg tanned leather from tandy. I would like to tool the top with a decorative pattern, and mold the top to produce a shape similar to this (I attached pictures too, not sure if these will work):

480_379_csupload_183806391.jpg

I guess the process would be similar to molding a holster to fit a gun like this:tn_gallery_17219_615_3340.jpg

Are there any videos or tutorials or links to other discussions out there to describe the molding process I might need? I am assuming I will need to make some type of wood pattern or patterns to produce the molded shape, then tool the leather after molding. Thanks.

Go to the "How do I do that?" section, . . . check out the sticky, . . . "Wet formed bag tutorial"

It should answer just about all your questions.

May God bless,

Dwight