Sign in to follow this  
longtooth

Custom Holsters

I sold the holsters I shoot cowboy with and needed to make a new pair. This is the design I came up with. The inserts are Real Alligator. Hope you like. Comments graciously accepted.

post-14054-080566300 1345245651_thumb.jp

I sold the holsters I shoot cowboy with and needed to make a new pair. This is the design I came up with. The inserts are Real Alligator. Hope you like. Comments graciously accepted.

They look real good. Something you might want to consider in your next set though is maybe putting in a welt along the

Main seam. This will really stiffen theses

Lon rigs up quite a bit.

They look real good. Something you might want to consider in your next set though is maybe putting in a welt along the

Main seam. This will really stiffen theses

Lon rigs up quite a bit.

Renegade, Thank you for the response but not sure what you mean on a welt along the main seam?

Renegade, Thank you for the response but not sure what you mean on a welt along the main seam?

when you fold the leather over to make the pouch, instead of sewing the two sides together, put a 8-12 piece of leather between the two sides and then sew it together...its a sandwich where your two sides are the bread and the piece you sew in between is the meat...it will stiffen up the holster lengthways...this is pretty important with long holsters and heavy guns...

From the old grump: They look good - as far as I can see. They appear to be skirt holsters, and if so, I'm wondering what its tying the skirt down. Mike

Edited by katsass

From the old grump: They look good - as far as I can see. They appear to be skirt holsters, and if so, I'm wondering what its tying the skirt down. Mike

I take a 1 inch piece of brass stock and solder two chgo. screws to it and insert it between the two pieces of leather. I do this even if I band the holster.

when you fold the leather over to make the pouch, instead of sewing the two sides together, put a 8-12 piece of leather between the two sides and then sew it together...its a sandwich where your two sides are the bread and the piece you sew in between is the meat...it will stiffen up the holster lengthways...this is pretty important with long holsters and heavy guns...

Wasn't sure on the terminology. Slow on the uptake. Enclosed you will see what i do. TY again

Katass, If you look at the post I show the filler piece I use to stiffen the holsters. Also, you will see the two chicago screws holding the skirt.

Thank you, for your reply.

post-14054-094188200 1345311950_thumb.jp

Wasn't sure on the terminology. Slow on the uptake. Enclosed you will see what i do. TY again

Katass, If you look at the post I show the filler piece I use to stiffen the holsters. Also, you will see the two chicago screws holding the skirt.

Thank you, for your reply.

From thev grump; just used to seeing the strap, but this works for me too. Mike

I think they look great, I love the alligator inserts, and they are unique being un-banded.