Sign in to follow this  
tazzmann

New Leather Knife Holser

Made this real quick for a friend of mine. He is coming up from Texas to Seattle, so I am driving up today to meet with him. Started this at about 11:00pm last night and finished at 12:30am so it is a little rough. He doesn't like his first initial to show for some reason (even his wallet he has it scratched off. :dunno: ), so I put it where the belt would normally ride.

ChrisHolster2.jpg

post-5650-1210953835_thumb.jpg

Really nice knife holster, especially for the short time. Is there a 3rd initial on back(not sure what you mean by leaving of 1st initial).

OK, now you're just showing off! An hour and a half? Takes me that long to find my hammer! LOL. Seriously, looks real good .

Really nice knife holster, especially for the short time. Is there a 3rd initial on back(not sure what you mean by leaving of 1st initial).

No, sorry I didn't explain it better. His first initial is the 'C' and for some odd reason he doesn't like it to show, so I put it on the holster where the buckle and belt on the holster normall ride, this will cover up the 'C' but let the 'S' still show. I just moved the belt of the holster up so that you could see the initials better. If I would have had more time, I would have done something other than basket weave and I wouldd have burnished the edges better, but for a fast job I was pretty happy with it.

On the positive note, we met up with him at about 3:30pm yesterday and he was thrilled with it. He immediately put it on his belt and showed it to everyone he could. We walked around the piers in Seattle until 12:00am then hit a billiard hall until they closed at 2:00am. We then drove back down to Vancouver parking in the driveway at 4:55am. I went to bed and got up at 6:15am with the kids and have been up ever since. We just had a water ballon fight and getting ready to have a BBQ, then time to hit the leather again. I have a show in June 7th and have nothing ready for it. :( I guess I will sleep enough when I am dead. LOL

OK, now you're just showing off! An hour and a half? Takes me that long to find my hammer! LOL. Seriously, looks real good .

Thanks Tim. I appreciate it. These are fun little holsters and even taking your time don't take more that a couple of hours to do. There is not a lot of room on them for too fancy of tooling unless you want to get into the micro carving (ummmm...no thanks). I even have matching gun belt, but I haven't taken the time to finish it.