HARVEY

Holiday Gifts for the Leatherworker

Only 36 more shopping days `til Xmas, and Chanukah starts 3 days before that. Modestly, I've been told I'm pretty good at coming up with gift ideas. If that's true, here's what I've been thinking about as gifts for leatherworker friends. Just my thoughts . . .

1) Surprise custom maker stamp from Jeff Mosby (he knocks these out usually pretty fast. I have no connection with his business other than I am one VERY satisfied customer)

2) Gift certificate to Grey Ghost Graphics (Jeff Mosby), ProSeries handmade Tools (Bob Beard), or Barry King

3) Unique/inspirational books on leather with superior photos and/or illustrations. Suggestions: F.O. Baird books, Traditional Cowboy Arts Association Catalog (past or present, available thru Nat’l Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma City), King of the Western Saddle by Timothy Evans (about Don King and Sheridan style), The Art of the Western Saddle by Bill Reynolds, etc. These particular books have superior photography of designs and patterns.

4) A stock but specialized tool: beader blade, fancy box stamp or border stamp.

5) Really fancy and well-executed customized luggage tag.

Just thinkin' and trying to stay ahead of things.

Harvey

Los Angeles

Great topic and list, Harvey!

Those of you who love a leatherworker can never go wrong with a gift certificate either. Leatherworkers get giddy with gift certificates. Kids in a candy store...tool junkies, almost every one of you.

Johanna

(former Tandy Manager)

Harvey,

6). A new maul or two from Barry King or Wayne Jueschke

7). The florist advertisers have it wrong, swivel knives are the gift that says I love you.

Harvey,

... swivel knives are the gift that says I love you.

That made me laugh.

My wife may amend that to say "Swivel knives are the gift that say, go disappear in your workshop for hours on end and return to the house well after the evening news."

Allen