slalik

Scuffs in ecoflo finish over paint

O.k., so I'm a jeweler who has turned to leather as an alternative outlet. I'm new to the medium and recently made this purse using pyrography and painting. I dyed it using Fiebings, and finished it with ecoflo shene. I love how it turned out, but I scuffed it recently, leaving small white marks in the finish. Any ideas on how to get rid of them without ruining the finish?

leather_001.JPG

leather_003.JPG

post-9540-1235430617_thumb.jpg

post-9540-1235430648_thumb.jpg

I like how you did the colors on this! Either I can't see the scuff marks, or I can't distinguish them from the glare from the lighting.

Either way... if you happen to have a sprayer, you can touch up the finish with a light spray of 'shene, which should fill in the scratches without disturbing the surrounding area, then after it dries good, buff it to blend it in with the surrounding area. I fear that wiping on more 'shene may create more flaws in the surrounding area. Others may have some ideas about this as well.

Kate

Edited by slalik

I like how you did the colors on this! Either I can't see the scuff marks, or I can't distinguish them from the glare from the lighting.

Either way... if you happen to have a sprayer, you can touch up the finish with a light spray of 'shene, which should fill in the scratches without disturbing the surrounding area, then after it dries good, buff it to blend it in with the surrounding area. I fear that wiping on more 'shene may create more flaws in the surrounding area. Others may have some ideas about this as well.

Kate

Thanks so much! The pic was taken pre-scuff. I just wanted to show how it was painted so that people may get a better idea of what I meant. Thank you for the idea, I'll definatly try it. I think you are right about wiping the shene on, I'm afraid that it would disturb the finish that's in place as it's water based and doesn't seem to take much abuse. LOL, I'm used to a much hardier medium. :)

Thanks so much! The pic was taken pre-scuff. I just wanted to show how it was painted so that people may get a better idea of what I meant. Thank you for the idea, I'll definatly try it. I think you are right about wiping the shene on, I'm afraid that it would disturb the finish that's in place as it's water based and doesn't seem to take much abuse. LOL, I'm used to a much hardier medium. :)

I use spray-on Super-Shene. No problems with it so far...