DSJackson

Help With Covering Knot Please!

I'm trying to tie a covering knot found in David Morgan's book Braiding Fine Leather, pg. 101-103. Also the instructions found in this PDF; http://outdoors.free.fr/OM-PDF/DIY/Braided-Leather-Knife-Lanyard-2,160.pdf (scroll down to the covering knot instructions).

I'm having one hell of a time trying to get this to work for me but I'm failing somewhere on the third pass/fourth pass. I just can not get my head around the written instructions and when following the pictures in the link above, I am missing something between the picture at the bottom of page 3 and the top of page 4. I can't seem to mimic this position with the laces, I've spent about 2 hours trying this one way or the other, back to the book, back to the PDF. Can't grasp this for some reason.

Need some help on this please! Frustrated!!

that's the same turkshead as I showed how to do here ---> http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=431&st=15 instructions start about 3/4 of the way down.

I'm trying to tie a covering knot found in David Morgan's book Braiding Fine Leather, pg. 101-103. Also the instructions found in this PDF; http://outdoors.free...Knife-Lanyard-2,160.pdf (scroll down to the covering knot instructions).

I'm having one hell of a time trying to get this to work for me but I'm failing somewhere on the third pass/fourth pass. I just can not get my head around the written instructions and when following the pictures in the link above, I am missing something between the picture at the bottom of page 3 and the top of page 4. I can't seem to mimic this position with the laces, I've spent about 2 hours trying this one way or the other, back to the book, back to the PDF. Can't grasp this for some reason.

Need some help on this please! Frustrated!!

The knot is a 5part 4bight Turks Head, or known to the leather braiding world as a 5part 4bight casa knot. Here are the instructions for two different turks heads.

1. 5part 4bight Casa Knot - The one you are talking about.
  2. 7part 4bight Casa Knot

Attached are the instructions by Tom Hall - Introduction To Turks Heads.

016.jpg

post-1307-127264601843_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, I did it thanks to you! Very cool :):):)