busted

Singer 7-5

Any one know anything about this machine. I know it is a Singer 7-5 but is it a vibrating foot? The gentleman selling it claims it is a walking foot. I don't think it is. There is 9/16th" under the pressure foot. Can it be converted to 3/4" or more under the pressure foot?? If it can how much problem wold it be? From the pictures he has it looks to be in pretty good shape. Thanks for the input.

post-12567-089032000 1323140157_thumb.jp

Edited by busted

I cannot see the presser foot/feet on that photo. Is there any chance you can get a close up frontal photo, or even a left front side shot?

Edited by Wizcrafts

I cannot see the presser foot/feet on that photo. Is there any chance you can get a close up frontal photo, or even a left front side shot?

This is as good as it gets for the left side.

post-12567-019576000 1323147050_thumb.jp

post-12567-004496300 1323147203_thumb.jp

Edited by busted

I appears to have a mechanism attached to the left side of the presser foot. That suggests that it is a Singer alternating foot system, probably with a spring loaded outer foot. I had a model 132K6 that had that drive system. It was mostly useless on polished belts; the stitch length varied all over the place as the foot slipped on the top grain and snapped forward prematurely.