tlmm

Edge Slicker For Dremel Hack

If you have the 2 inch or so round one, . . . don't do it. The edge speed will still be too fast to burnish, . . . it'll just burn, . . . no "ish".

Rather, . . . take a 1/8 inch drill bit, . . . put it into a drill, . . . drill down through a 2 inch length of hardwood 1/2 inch dowel, . . . glue the drill into the hardwood, . . . put this contraption into your Dremel, . . . then take files and cut grooves into it, . . . put some bees wax on it, . . . and it will make a really good burnisher.

I've made a number of them for friends and students, . . . they work great.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-60844100-1414185405_thumb.jp

Just my $ 0.02 but I made an edge slicker for my dremel using the screw bit attachment and securing a multi-layer disk of leather with that set screw. Turned on dremel at lowest setting and used small round dremel stone to shape curve. The disc indentation also gets burnished and it turns out that burnished leather can burnish leather. You can also reduce diameter way down to slow rotation = reduce heat. Must admit that a small piece of wood should work also. Anyway, it works for me. Good luck !

Hey Dwight, what wood works the best?

I believe most of the ones I've made have been maple, . . . but in reality, . . . it is what was sold to me at the hardware store, . . . for a hardwood 1/2 inch wood dowel.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-36503-0-08154500-1414273640_thumb.j