Guest Cody

Broken Lock On A Leather Briefcase

Guest Cody

I have no experience with leatherworking or sewing or anything, so this may be a very simple problem. I recently purchased a leather briefcase (the soft bag-like kind with a flap that covers the pockets)while on a trip to Venice. I do not know if it was this way when I got it (I don't think it was) or if the trip home did it, but the lock that is attached to the flap has come loose on one side.It seems to be missing a small metal brad that goes through the lock and into the leather to hold the lock on the flap. I have a picture I can e-mail to anyone who thinks they can help. I think it should be easy to fix, but I simply do not know what the fastener is called or where I could get one. I am in the east Tennessee area and would certainly be willing to take it somewhere and pay to have it repaired if I could find a place. Otherwise, any tips on how to do it myself would be appreciated. Email me if you think you can help, thanks!

Can you take it back for a replacement bag?

Guest Cody

Can you take it back for a replacement bag?

I can't unfortunately. I bought it in Venice Italy, and I live in Eastern Tennessee (US) and I did not see there was a problem (or there may not have been a problem) until I got back home, so I can't exactly run back to the shop.

Cody,

Look in the OTB Catalog and find the part you need. Call OTB for a customer reference in your area.

Art

I can't unfortunately. I bought it in Venice Italy, and I live in Eastern Tennessee (US) and I did not see there was a problem (or there may not have been a problem) until I got back home, so I can't exactly run back to the shop.