howie696

Looking For Leather And Supplies In Perth West Australia

Just getting back into the hobby after a few years, all my old suppliers have gone including the tannery !!!

any advise as to good (cheap) suppliers for leather and fittings

thanks

Hi howie, welcome back to the fold there are only a couple of retail places left they are Leather Direct in Malaga www.leatherdirect.com.au and Western Leathercraft on Lord St in Highgate www.westernleathercraft.com.au

The Leather Shop in the Perth CBD closed down a couple of years ago but it looks like they still run in a different capacity www.theleathershop.com.au

I mostly buy all my stuff online now though for the bigger selection but if you don't want to do that Leather Direct will be your best bet for leather they don't have much in regards to fittings and other supplies though. I haven't used Western Leathercraft since they changed hands awhile ago but you should be able to get what else you need there. If you don't mind buying online Birdsall Leather in Sydney have a pretty good selection of things www.birdsall-leather.com.au I use them for stuff that can't be shipped from overseas like Fiebings oil dye and other flammable stuff.

Hope this helps a bit

Hi thanks for replying

It helps a great deal I had stumbled across Birdsall and have ordered a load of stuff

The leathershop rings a vague bell was it once "Blackjack leather" it was in Barrack street? I think the owners name was Ray

I really miss going to the old tannery in Fremantle and selecting the hides, I see that WA tanneries is now a small shop on Stirling Hwy but I haven't been out that way

thanks again for the help

Hi Howie,Freo tannery closed shop in nth freo earlier this year .I believe he is still operating from home now.Try him on the phone numbers in the book or the guy who works out of the freo markets can put you in touch with him.