Sign in to follow this  
MissSky

Custom Western Set- Large Horse

Hello! I just joined this forum a few days ago.

There really aren't many stores that sell Draft/Large horse sized tack, and what I'm looking for is even more limited!

My horse isn't a Draft, he's a 17hh Dutch Warmblood cross but he has very strange facial measurements and really only fits into a "Small Draft" sized bridle from Drafttack.com but the don't carry many western options.

What I would like:

- One ear (or two ear) headstall (with throat latch) anything but black..

What would also be nice:

- Matching breastcollar

- Regular headstall with throatlatch (incase horse does not like one/two eared)

- Bronc noseband

It doesn't have to be too fancy (can always bling it out later), but I am looking for good quality and durability.

My budget is around $200, my first horse and he's very special to me.

I just don't want black.. we already do dressage and would prefer light oil or mahoganny as that would look best on him.

491c468b41db6d6ec662f20428a6437b_full.jpg

We are also on the horseforum, that's from his page.

Thanks

MJ

Edited by MissSky

Hello! I just joined this forum a few days ago.

There really aren't many stores that sell Draft/Large horse sized tack, and what I'm looking for is even more limited!

My horse isn't a Draft, he's a 17hh Dutch Warmblood cross but he has very strange facial measurements and really only fits into a "Small Draft" sized bridle from Drafttack.com but the don't carry many western options.

What I would like:

- One ear (or two ear) headstall (with throat latch) anything but black..

What would also be nice:

- Matching breastcollar

- Regular headstall with throatlatch (incase horse does not like one/two eared)

- Bronc noseband

It doesn't have to be too fancy (can always bling it out later), but I am looking for good quality and durability.

My budget is around $200, my first horse and he's very special to me.

I just don't want black.. we already do dressage and would prefer light oil or mahoganny as that would look best on him.

491c468b41db6d6ec662f20428a6437b_full.jpg

We are also on the horseforum, that's from his page.

Thanks

MJ

Hi MJ, I'm working on a really nice one eared bridle right now and I have all the patterns and tools needed to fit your baby. I've also made bronc nosebands, posting a picture of it to go with this. If you don't want any bling I can make you the 2 bridles, breast collar, and bronc noseband for that price but it's going to kill me. The bridle I'm finishing up right now has a lizard overlay and burgandy bison lining and would I ever love to go all out on this. I will just need the exact dimensions of your current bridle and breast collar to adapt my patterns. I use Hermann Oak leather and Jeremiah Watt's hardware. The tack will be very durable and functional. I'm also attaching a picture of the cheekpiece of the bridle I'm making now. Cheryl

Thank you for taking the time to write on my thread :) and offering your services (and talent, wow!)

Right now I have someone making the headstall and we'll see how it turns out, I'm really excited.

Have a wonderful Memorial day