Sign in to follow this  
badger

Pearson #6 request

Dear Pearson owners,

I only have a really muddy photocopy of the original manual for the Pearson #6. If anyone has clear images of the exploded diagrams of the machine, front and back, I'd really appreciate it if they could email me a copy of each. Or post them here.....

I'd like to blow them up and mount them on the workshop wall to guide me in the restorations.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Karl

Karl,

This is my first post and reply to this bulletin board so if I do something wrong please be patient.

I just stumbled on this posting of yours by accident a couple of days ago when I did a search for Pearson no. 6. I might be able to help you as I restore these machines and have had a number of new parts made for them: mainly the parts that get worn by the thread moving through the machine. I actually supply someone else here in Canada with their parts. The parts are made in Taiwan and they are second to none. I also have bobbins and feet for the machine. In the new year I may have new shuttles as well. I also may have a spare 'ornate' flywheel. I just have to check if I need the wooden handle from it. I may also have a new bobbin winder for it. It is a copy of another American machine but will do the trick.I just moved all my machines from a storage locker to a workshop so I could organize myself so it may take a little while to figure out what spares I actually have for some of the more rare items/parts. The new parts I have lots of.

Just to let you know I have restored 4 of these machines already and have a bunch more to do. I an also sell you a A4 copy of the manual. I even have French Pearsons which I am sure many readers did not even know existed. They have only one difference from the English ones aside from the words Paris France on the flywheel.

I will post this and hopefully with success so feel free to contact me if you have any requests/questions.

Cheers,

Henry Veenhoven

Creative Leatherworks

Toronto, Canada

Email Address: Pearson no. 6 info

416-231-1870

Visit My Website

You're a lucky man,Badger. I have found a spare, original manual, 6th. edition. It even has prices for individual parts in the back. I don't know what year it is and it is pretty fragile but it is all there. You'd better send me you address and I'll mail it to you.

Kind regards, Tony.

Tony,

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate it. I'm sorry I took so long to respond

My mailing address is:

Karl Derrick

P.O.Box 140

Greenford,

UB6 9AL

England.

Thank you again,

Cheers,

Karl

Henry,

Thanks very much indeed.

I sent you an email last night. I'm very interested in the spare ornate flywheel!

Cheers,

Karl

Tony,

My email address is: karl@karlderrick.com

Sorry if I made a mistake.

Cheers,

Karl