Sign in to follow this  
shtoink

Pattern Source

As someone who finds it interesting to find new and unexpected uses for things, I want to share a very plentiful source for patterns for carving designs. I hadn't seen anyone mention the Dover publication before, but had seen a couple mentions of coloring books in general. The Dover Publications company is one particular company that produces some of the most amazing coloring books. They have a wide range of categories, from fantasy to historical, and from flora to fauna, and the level of detail is just the right balance for working it into leather carving.

If you follow the link above, you can see some examples of the books they provide. As I had said earlier, I know that coloring books had been mentioned for carving/tooling patterns, but the quality and variety is so consistently good with these guys that it merited being mentioned in a separate topic. Funny thing is, I have found a quite a few of these books through second hand shops and the bulk of them are not even colored in.

Cool and thanks! Your profile pic cracks me up!