savage_here

Can Somebody Id This Thread

Sorry for the poor pic and the lack of a frame of reference for size. What I've been able to extrapolate is that the bobbin/spool is about 1 1/2" tall. I think the thread is around 346-415 in size and I'm pretty sure it's nylon, but could be poly. At first I thought it might be C-Lon bead cord, but I think it's bigger than that. Anyway, does anybody recognize it?

threadspool.jpg

Thanks.

Sorry for the poor pic and the lack of a frame of reference for size. What I've been able to extrapolate is that the bobbin/spool is about 1 1/2" tall. I think the thread is around 346-415 in size and I'm pretty sure it's nylon, but could be poly. At first I thought it might be C-Lon bead cord, but I think it's bigger than that. Anyway, does anybody recognize it?

threadspool.jpg

Thanks.

I don't think this qualifies as thread. It looks more like a cord of some sort maybe 5 or 6

It definately looks like nylon to me has that sheen to it, It does look like C-Lon but they come on white spools and the thickest cord is about 277. It could be S-Lon they came on the brown spools but I think they may have the same thread width as C-Lon. If you can't find it exactly C-Lon Bead Cord and the C-Lon Tex 400 works fine for leatherwork I use it all the time when I'm doing a small project that needs colour.

Cheers,

Clair

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think it's most likely S-lon. The picture is so close-up that I think it makes the thread size look larger than it is.

I ordered a bobbin/spool of C-lon, S-lon and C-lon Tex 400 so that I could see them in hand. To my naked eye, without doing any scientific measuring, the S-lon looks the tiniest bit thicker than the C-lon (but, I'm talking barely any difference). The Tx400 is obviously bigger, but I think still ultimately useable for my leatherworking needs in certain situations.

I'm going to try them all out and see how they look.

Thanks again.