blackpondoutfitters

Looking For A Reference/ Tutorial On The Trenza Patria Braid

hi

I am looking for a book reference, web site, etc on how to do the trenza patria braid - any help would be greatly appreciated.

J:grouphug5vj5:

Do you have a picture of this braid?

I did a little searching through Google and the forum and found pics, but I couldnt figure out what they were saying made it a trenza patria braid. It looks like roo4u knows what it is because she posted some leashes that she had made in that style

Sorry I couldnt help,

CW

Edited by Aggiebraider

hi,

thanks for the effort! I ahve been looking, and emailing people who obviously DO know and getting know where - it is very frustrating. Hopefully someone will be able to help.....

J

Do you have a picture of this braid?

I did a little searching through Google and the forum and found pics, but I couldnt figure out what they were saying made it a trenza patria braid. It looks like roo4u knows what it is because she posted some leashes that she had made in that style

Sorry I couldnt help,

CW

look in bruce grants encyclopedia of rawhide and leather braiding....he calls it the square braid of 8 thongs..and also shows it with 13 and 21 thongs and as a combo with the crocodile ridge braid. its in the details of the combo of the two braids that he calls it the treza patria.

thank you so much - I even have that book (bee through it a lot of times, makes me feel kind of stupid! lol) I appreciate it

look in bruce grants encyclopedia of rawhide and leather braiding....he calls it the square braid of 8 thongs..and also shows it with 13 and 21 thongs and as a combo with the crocodile ridge braid. its in the details of the combo of the two braids that he calls it the treza patria.

well that just means you dont have to run out and buy it in order to give that braid a try. and once you get the hang of the 8 strand its easy to change to 10 or more strings and the more strings you add the prettier it is.