Mlitton

Need Help With Bracelet

I'm trying to make a cobra weave bracelet similar to the paracord survival bracelets but with a loop and antler closure. The weave is a cobra knot and when I'm using paracord I can just cut and melt the end. I'm struggling with a way to end the weave using leather that looks good and doesn't cause a weird bulge when the bracelet is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Here's what I have so far.

temporary_zps44069ecd.jpg

I've never done this so it's just an idea - but you could skive the tag ends a bit, lay them parallel to the inside strands (the ones with the antler on), and then wrap them all together with some black waxed nylon thread or something similar. Not sure how good it would look, but you could experiment on some short scrap pieces.

that is really pretty. If I was doing it I would know the end pieces, then wrap both ends with a black lining leather and make it look like it was meant to be that way. I also think you could use a lacing needle and weave the ends a little ways back through the braid where it wouldn't be too noticeable. I'd like to see it finished. Cheryl

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I tried the thread idea but looked a little off so I ended up getting a lacing needle and threading the ends back into the weave like Cheryl suggested. With a little dye to hide the cut ends and a tiny spot of glue to help secure it turned out pretty well. Here's the finished product in brown and black. Thinking about selling a few of these on a friends website. Any comments or critiques would be great. Thanks!

temporary_zpsb1e3c215.jpg

temporary_zps7389643a.jpg

those are really cool! Cheryl