Sign in to follow this  
Tzalabak

The First Item I've Been Pleased About:

This cell phone case is the first item I've made that I'm ultimately happy with. It's not my first, but the previous efforts have all had some flaw that annoyed me enough to not be comfortable showing off, not that this one doesn't have flaws.

The photo with it upside down was to show the friction retention, heh.

Any criticism is welcome!

post-30633-067548300 1343336901_thumb.jp

post-30633-001763200 1343336962_thumb.jp

It looks nice !! Only thing is with the stitching that far away from the phone i think it loosen up. But then again i might be a 100% wrong to.

I had thought about that beforehand, but decided that with the side curve from the molding, that it would hold well enough in the long term. It seems like it won't become an issue.

As it stands, it takes some pretty vigorous shaking for it to come loose, so I think that even if it loosens a little bit, it will still hold well enough to prevent any accidental dislodging.

Edited by Tzalabak

Looks good, keep up the good work. I wouldn't worry too much about "flaws", all art has flaws, I tell my customers that it gives the piece character. Most of the flaws we see in our own work is really not discernable by other people, they look at the overall beauty, usefulness, etc.

Ken

Looks good, keep up the good work. I wouldn't worry too much about "flaws", all art has flaws, I tell my customers that it gives the piece character. Most of the flaws we see in our own work is really not discernable by other people, they look at the overall beauty, usefulness, etc.

Ken

I don't quibble over little things. It's the things that occurred during the learning process that irked me, hehe.

Things like being left handed, using a righty stitching groover, and over-powering down a line and shooting off the end of the piece.

Having some snaps set so poorly that the piece doesn't come together right, but I can't really remove the snap for fear of messing up the piece.

Things like that. I'm not going to get upset over a slightly off stitch line or a belt loop that isn't perfectly aligned, hehe.

My bigger mistakes (but stuff that's still salvageable) usually becomes my personal case or whatever until I make myself something better, heh.