Sign in to follow this  
Wolle

Which finish do you use with acrylic paints?

Need help with finishing my letherwork.

I have with the search function did not find anything about this topic

here is my Problem:

I have coloring mein work with Acrylics colors (Hi-Lite Stain) and a brush. My Problem now is how i finish this letherwork? If I use Arylic Resolene, blurred my color. So how can i finish my work without blurring? but should be hydrophobic!

Thx for help

greetings from Germany

Wolfgang

I have used Super Sheen, but stay away from Neat-lac or anyting similar since it will erase the paint. I found out the hard way.

I hope this helps.

Need help with finishing my letherwork.

I have with the search function did not find anything about this topic

here is my Problem:

I have coloring mein work with Acrylics colors (Hi-Lite Stain) and a brush. My Problem now is how i finish this letherwork? If I use Arylic Resolene, blurred my color. So how can i finish my work without blurring? but should be hydrophobic!

Thx for help

greetings from Germany

Wolfgang

I always use satin sheen shot through a Prevail air sprayer thingy. I used to have the same problem trying to put satin sheen on with a dauber that you have.

Steve

Hi... You can pretty much use anything acrylic, but the application method is the key. Just need to spray the happy little stuff! :)

Kevin

hello @ all and thanks for the quick help.

I've tried several methods and the best way i have font is to spray the first thin layer with Arylic Resolene. When it is dry, i accounts the next layer applied with a sponge without problems

so thx again for your help

greetins from Germany

I usually have a semi-steady hand, so I wait a few days or hours (depending on project size/how much paint) then go over with A. a spray sealer, or B. I brush on a liquid sealer.

Usually I go for the liquid if I am using a wash.. sometimes a spray will leave spottles. Or I'll liquid then spray. I've used the Super Shene, Master Shine, and Leather Sheen, all work really well, depending on the type of finish you like. :)

I don't know how thick or large the area that you are using acrylic paints is.

I do *alot* of coloring that combines acrylics with dyes. I dye first, then apply paint. If the paint area is isolatable, I put a finish on *that* first, like a brushed Super Shene or Satin Shene. When that is cured, I coat the whole project in Atom Wax. When that cures, I buff over the painted areas

gently but thouroghly. The Shene underneath multiple layers of Atom Wax seems to do a very good job of protecting the acrylic paint.