ChrisB

Help with Braiding from photo

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this braid is and how to do it?

Was it 2 holes punched or three. Yes I am a newbie to braiding. thanks

Chris

braid_copy.jpg

post-8050-1231792349_thumb.jpg

I don't remember what this is called but the way you do it is punch two lines of holes, parallel to each other like in the picture (although the lines are not straight in the picture, usually you would punch two *straight* lines of holes). You start in the bottom R hole, come up to the second hole from the bottom on the L, when you are behind you go down one, come up through that hole to the next highest one on the R, go down one, go up to the next highest hole on the L etc.

That's a good one to start with, it's pretty easy. I'm sure it is in Bruce Grant's book but I don't know the exact page. Too lazy to look! ;)

thanks so much, I will try it. I looked through the Bruce grant book but I just wasn't sure, I tried the applique braids but it didn't look like this. Again thank you

I don't remember what this is called but the way you do it is punch two lines of holes, parallel to each other like in the picture (although the lines are not straight in the picture, usually you would punch two *straight* lines of holes). You start in the bottom R hole, come up to the second hole from the bottom on the L, when you are behind you go down one, come up through that hole to the next highest one on the R, go down one, go up to the next highest hole on the L etc.

That's a good one to start with, it's pretty easy. I'm sure it is in Bruce Grant's book but I don't know the exact page. Too lazy to look! ;)

Look on page 447 of the Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding bu Bruce Greant. Figures 8 through 13 should be the braid you are looking at. I use this to put my saddle skirts together behind the cantle. If done right, you can braid both top and bottom. Takes a little more time but says more about the work you do.

Joe

Look on page 447 of the Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding bu Bruce Greant. Figures 8 through 13 should be the braid you are looking at. I use this to put my saddle skirts together behind the cantle. If done right, you can braid both top and bottom. Takes a little more time but says more about the work you do.

Joe

Thank you for taking the time. This is such a great site I am just amazed at all the information and help everyone gives. I did want to learn to do the braid for the saddle. thanks again

Thank you for taking the time. This is such a great site I am just amazed at all the information and help everyone gives. I did want to learn to do the braid for the saddle. thanks again

Gee I don't know what happened but neither suggestion looks like the photo, maybe the lace is too narrow and I just can't get the effect I was looking for. :helpsmilie:

Ummmm... picture? Because I have no idea what you did, or what it looks like... so I don't know what to say...