ChiefFilipino

Guess I Should Do The Intro

Hello everyone! I am an Arizonan born and raised, grew up in the middle of nowhere surrounded by ranches and unbeknownst to me I've been surrounded by leatherwork my whole life. I finally took up leather work because I wanted to make myself some extremely durable tabi (the Japanese split toed boots). This summer I finally took the initiative (mainly because my canvas pair from Japan have a gigantic hole in them and no one was heading back to Japan anytime soon). I looked up a mocassin tutorial and modified it for tabi and I've been hooked ever since!

I have a lifetime's worth of skills to master and I want to learn it all! I have loved creating art since a kid and now as an adult I need an outlet for my creations. My goal is to set up an online art store (I'll probably use etsy) and to visit some local farmer's markets and other venues. I also love to do woodworking, acrylic painting, ink painting, and calligraphy.

Being a Pacific Islander and haloe (white person) mix I tend to like things that are blended with other things as well. As I learn more about my heritage I find that it influences my art and I hope to bring that and blend it with leatherwork as well.

Please feel free to critique any of my work as I have a drive to learn all I can, and if you like some of what you see please let me know as well

Thanks for reading!

Which Pacific Island?

My family is from the Philippines and Hawaii.