Sign in to follow this  
B Milla

Singer 31-15 Problems

I just bought a 31-15 yesterday. I sewed on it right before i bought it and it was a champ. But then i loaded it in my pick up, took it hime, and now it wont sew. All of the top tread seems to be feeding fine, it just wont catch the bobbin thread. I have my needle in right, and a bobbin full of thread. i can roll it over by hand, and it will loosely catch, but as soon as i put the power to it, it pulls through. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I just bought a 31-15 yesterday. I sewed on it right before i bought it and it was a champ. But then i loaded it in my pick up, took it hime, and now it wont sew. All of the top tread seems to be feeding fine, it just wont catch the bobbin thread. I have my needle in right, and a bobbin full of thread. i can roll it over by hand, and it will loosely catch, but as soon as i put the power to it, it pulls through. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Are you holding both threads back behind the work for the first few stitches?

Can you take any pictures or perhaps a small video(youtube)?

Yessir, I am. Does the direction of the winding on the bobbin make a difference? I will try to take some pictures and/or a video this evening.

Yessir, I am. Does the direction of the winding on the bobbin make a difference? I will try to take some pictures and/or a video this evening.

Install your bobbin in the case like the 3rd pic down at this website...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=9975.0

I never had sewn a stitch in my life before purchasing my 31-15. There was a good deal of learning to do before I got it working right. But the good thing is, it's a very simple machine to work on. The below link has the best tuning info for the 31 series machine. The formatting on the website is less than perfect and can be hard to read but the info is golden...

http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation/14218/css/14218_183.htm