Trox

Help A Screw Is Missing!

Help a screw is missing!

:brainbleach:

Somebody knows where to get hold of a machine screw with 3/32 tread? (0.09 inches about 2, 36 millimeter) and ½ Inch long or more (I can cut it)

I have been looking all over for a very long time for this screw.

It is for my old Adler class 5-27, a bobbin tension screw.

In advance Thanks!

Trox

Seeing how Adler is a German company I am going to say that it is a metric screw. If you don't know already, a metric screw is sized by the diameter , and pitch (spacing of threads). They differ from inch thread identification in that the pitch is the actual measurement from say one tip to the next one, as opposed to however many threads per inch for an inch thread.

Example of Inch threads 1/4"-20. 1/2"-13, etc... Diameter is the first dimension followed by the number of threads in one inch of length.

Metric threads 8-1.25MM. 12-1.75 MM Diameter in MM's followed by the spacing of the threads in MM's. Smaller threads will be .5, .7 etc. mm

With that being said, do you have a hardware store near you that can get an accurate measurement of the thread s for you? At work I use a micrometer, and a thread pitch gage as some metric sizes are very similar to inch sizes (we have both in use ), and some metric sizes are also close to each other like the 3mm, and 3.5mm screws.and some pitches are also very close between the coarse pitches, and the fine pitches.

Other folks who may be able to help would be an auto repair shop, machine shop, or tool supplier. I have an Adler patcher , but I don't know if the screw would be the same.

Hope this helped, and good luck.

Thanks!

But this is an old machine made before the metric standard came. First I thought it was metric treads as well, but metric dont have diameter 2,4 mm. It like this M 2 M2,5 M3 and so on. I got this same topic going in the sewing machine section and I I got some help there to.

But Thanks anyway!

Trox

[, quote name=BIGGUNDOCTOR' timestamp='1286505884' post='169854]

Seeing how Adler is a German company I am going to say that it is a metric screw. If you don't know already, a metric screw is sized by the diameter , and pitch (spacing of threads). They differ from inch thread identification in that the pitch is the actual measurement from say one tip to the next one, as opposed to however many threads per inch for an inch thread.

Example of Inch threads 1/4"-20. 1/2"-13, etc... Diameter is the first dimension followed by the number of threads in one inch of length.

Metric threads 8-1.25MM. 12-1.75 MM Diameter in MM's followed by the spacing of the threads in MM's. Smaller threads will be .5, .7 etc. mm

With that being said, do you have a hardware store near you that can get an accurate measurement of the thread s for you? At work I use a micrometer, and a thread pitch gage as some metric sizes are very similar to inch sizes (we have both in use ), and some metric sizes are also close to each other like the 3mm, and 3.5mm screws.and some pitches are also very close between the coarse pitches, and the fine pitches.

Other folks who may be able to help would be an auto repair shop, machine shop, or tool supplier. I have an Adler patcher , but I don't know if the screw would be the same.

Hope this helped, and good luck.