Crusader

Chain Link Border (What Tools)

Greetings All,

this is my first post on a leather working forum, and I never ever thought I would be typing those words.

But hey this is great fun, But I would like to know how to do a chain link border similar to the one done here ..

http://www.purdygear.com/images/products/rigs/DericksHolster-1000.jpg

is anyone that knows allowed to tell me which tools were used to make that chain link patern?

I have serched high and low on the internet and can find nothing.

I have not yet asked the people at purdy gear.

thanks,

Neil

Welcome to the forum Neil. This has do be a stamp. Never seen it before, so I may be a custom made stamp. You could contact the site owner and ask them where the stamp is from. It looks like only the link is the actual stamp.

Thanks for the reply Thor, I will ask them.

Edited by Crusader

Welcome to the forum Neil. This has do be a stamp. Never seen it before, so I may be a custom made stamp. You could contact the site owner and ask them where the stamp is from. It looks like only the link is the actual stamp.

Yes Thor was correct, It has been confirmed by a person from the website that it is an old custom made tool of unknow origin.

I was happy to get a reply as most people would just say it's a secret :)

Thanks

Neil

You're welcome. You have the option to contact Studio-N, a member on this forum, and ask him if he could make that stamp for you with his laser cutter. Shouldn't be too hard as it really just is the chain link itself that you need.

Thanks again Thor, I have sent Studio-N a message via his website.

Barry King also makes several chain link stamps. Just putting that out there. Mike

Barry King also makes several chain link stamps. Just putting that out there. Mike

Hi Mike, I had a look at the Barry King Tools website and can not see any chain tools?

are you able to point me in the right direction I may be not seeing where they are?

Regards,

Neil

Oops, Sorry, Just found it :) thanks for that..