Sign in to follow this  
Chief31794

Stitched Frayed On Cb 3200

I purchased a CB 3200 and it sews well, I think the tension is ok, I have almost no tension on the primary and secondary and the thread pulls easily, however, when sewing the thread frays, right before going into the needle eye, I thought it might be old thread so I bought new thread and it's the same thing, White does it the least, Brown next and the Black does it the worst. Is this something in the machine or do I need to purchase a silicon pot? Any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks

Chief

post-6362-0-69056000-1411155492_thumb.jp

Edited by Chief31794

My sewing machine does this if I don't have the needle turned just pefectly. I don't K own what needle system you use, but mine has a round shank, so indexing the groove on the left side of the needle is critical. It will also do this if the bobbin is about empty, or the needle is dull.

Thanks Colt, I changed the needle when I noticed it and it didn't help. I'm pretty meticulous about getting the needle aligned, it is a diamond shaped needle #25, sewing 277, the bobbin was nearly full. I'll check the needle alignment and even replace it again and see what happens.

Ken