tannerjack

Another New Face,

Greetings.

I have long been a fan of leather creations. I have decided to take the plunge and try my hand at leatherworking. I am going to be spending a lot of time on this message board, the sheer wealth of information here is staggering. Not to mention inspiration by the truckload.

Onto the introduction,

Hello, my name is Tom. I have done absolutely nothing with leather before, and I am hopeing that the various how to get started / how did you do that advice threads will keep me from makeing a lot of the easily avoidable mistakes. Eventually I would like to produce Jackets and clothes, as well as various cuffs and collars. Right now however I am focusing on figureing out the basics and will likely just do belts, pouches, and perhaps a few other small items.

I hope that with your help, and a chunk of dedicated time, I can not only produce some unique creations, but also help and inpsire others to pick up leatherworking.

Welcome to Leatherworker, Tom! Glad to have you, and looking forward to seeing your work.

Kate

Thank you for the welcome.

Now my next step is to hurry up and wait. Ordered a chunk of scrap and some tools. I figure i'll start with some wallets / generic things, and just get a feel for leather. I've already found a few things I really want to try.

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site, lots of good folks out here.

Ken

Hi Tom, glad you joined, you will find this site very fulfilling. Thanks, Steve