Kraken

Lot Of Unidentified Leather With Mold Issues. Any Advice For Conditioning And Restoration?

Here is a gallery of images of the leather

I came across a large amount of leather at an auction that I got for cheap. I believe most of the leather is latigo, but I am a complete amateur at this and hope you guys can help me identify and solve my mold problem so I can make some stuff out of this horde of hides.

I attached a picture of the thickness of the average latigo hide just for reference.

Right now I am using a 1/16 mix of bleach and water with copious amounts of saddle soap. I was reading around the website and I plan to spray them with a mix of Listerine and white vinegar.

Do you guys have any suggestions on the mold problem or could lend a look to identify what type of tanning was used?

p.s.: Thank you. I just joined this forum and I already have more projects on my list!

post-69961-0-91541700-1455053696_thumb.j

Personally I don't think I would want to bring leather like that into my shop. BUT if I had to, I would probably try to clean it with Oxalic acid.