Sign in to follow this  
Hicks02

Ruger Mkii

This a cross draw for a ruger mk II with a removable mag. holder. The color in lite brown oil dye. Leather is 10 oz HO. It took a lot of thought on my part to figure out what the guy wanted and how I was going to put it all together. There are somethings that I would do different, but the customer was very happy. I also made a 2" wide belt to go with it. I did not weigh the holster and gun, but this set up is heavy. As always let me know what you all think, I have a thick skin and always want to improve. JH

post-8191-042166600 1295663229_thumb.jpg

post-8191-002469900 1295663261_thumb.jpg

post-8191-022682100 1295663303_thumb.jpg

Thats pretty wild, both the holster and the gun. I'd love to see pics of it being worn. Nice job!

Looks like a Win, Win, Win to me: you were happy with the work, . . . client was happy with your work, . . . you were compensated for your work.

What's to complain??

I'd be proud if I'd done that one. I did one for a Ruger a couple years ago, . . . stainless fluted barrel target .22 with a 4 power scope and regular sights both on it. Had to set the muzzle in first, . . . then rock the rest of it back onto a ledge that the trigger guard sat on, . . . grabbed the snap strap to hold the whole thing in place.

It was a Win, Win, Win for me too.

Keep up the good work, a lot of people I know wouldn't even have tried that one.

May God bless,

Dwight

Wow! thats cool.. looks like lots of work and thought went into that one. The gun looks like it just came off the set of "STAR WARS"....

This a cross draw for a ruger mk II with a removable mag. holder. The color in lite brown oil dye. Leather is 10 oz HO. It took a lot of thought on my part to figure out what the guy wanted and how I was going to put it all together. There are somethings that I would do different, but the customer was very happy. I also made a 2" wide belt to go with it. I did not weigh the holster and gun, but this set up is heavy. As always let me know what you all think, I have a thick skin and always want to improve. JH

JH, Great work. This was my answer to a Colt 'Target Model' with a red-dot sight attached. Not nearly as much engineering as you did. If the guy had wanted a detachable mag pouch on this one, I'd still be scratching my fanny trying to figure it out. Again, great work. Mike

001.jpg

Very cool holster - and a great design.

I'm working on a hunting holster for my bull barrel Mark II now....been working on the design and template the past two nights. Last night I was toying with the idea of a mag pouch setup on the holster itself. Seeing how yours came out I might just go ahead with my plans if I can figure out a strap or flap setup that looks halfway decent and will secure the magazine so I don't lose it out in the woods. I'm sure glad I don't have a sight like that to figure out as well!

Thank you all for the kind words. I would like to say that this holster came out perfect on the first try. I have made a couple holsters to accommodate a red dot before. These guys go shoot prairie dogs with these type of pistols. I was nervous that when the customer put the rig on that it would fall down around his ankles, it didn't though.

The pattern for this holster took quite a few tries to get it close. Then I still had to do some trimming on the leather around the eotech. I made the mag pouch out of 6 oz scraps. And again the pattern took several tries and I still had to trim the leather, finally after a couple dry fittings it all came together. The mag pouch is held on with t-nuts and screws. It is detachable, but I think it would be really hard to get it back on.

Thanks again for the comments. JH