Sign in to follow this  
glockanator

Belt Buckle Knife Sheath Thing

4124e3a2.jpg

I made one of those auto knife opener sheath deals for my dad . When my brother saw it asked if I could do one on a belt buckle for him! This is just a prototype do it doesn't look as good as I was hoping. What do y'all think?

I don't think I've heard of an auto knife opener sheath... When you draw the knife from the sheath does it come open? Or is it just a sheath for an auto opening knife?

I think it looks pretty good. Like you said- this is the prototype, so I'm sure the next one will be even better. Maybe leave a little more on that bottom left corner so that you can have those edges even. I tend to cut my leather just a tad larger than should be- that way, once i have everything bonded or stitched, I can sand all the outer edges flush with each other.

I'd like to see that incorporated into a belt buckle, so be sure to post that if you do it :-)

Nooj

Thanks! And yes it is just a lock blade style knife that opens when you pull it out. Some people call them quick draw sheaths. Inhope to have some time today to work on another one!

12be12c8.jpg

Here is the newest version