Sign in to follow this  
Alan Bell

Bosals

Here is a pic of my latest two bosals. Let me know what you think and if you see anything I can improve on don't hesitate to mention it PLEASE!!!

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

[if I am guilty I will pay! I shot the sheriff but I didn't shoot the deputy.] Bob Marley

DSCF8158.JPG

post-1670-1184417084_thumb.jpg

I'm going to say those look like an enormous amount of work, look really nicely done - but then I'm going to plead ignorance as I've not a clue what they are :dunno:

They still look really well done, even if I am ignorant B)

Alan

Great work. What did you use for the core? What are the width of the strings?

Russ

Hey Russ, Thanks. The core on one is a four plait reata piece and on the other is an 8 plait out of 1/8" strings. Both have a strip of chap leather wrapped around the inner braiding to make a smoother surface to braid the outer strings over and to build up evenly to the desired diameter. The strings on both bodies are 3/16" and I used 1/8" strings on the heelknots and 3/32nds on one noseband and 1/8" on the other. I build up the taper on the nosebands and the base of the heelknot using floral tape; it sticks to itself, has no glue and can also be shaped a little to help with the roundness of the heelknot.

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

If you have a big, big tree, we have a small axe. Sharpened to cut you down, ready to cut you down
Bob Marley