Heiidii

Thoughts On Norwex Leather Shine Ingredients (Vs. Montana Pitch Blend)

Hi Everyone!

I recently started selling Norwex, and am in need of some new leather protector/waterproofing/conditioner for my boots (and other shoes etc) so I feel obligated to try their Leather Shine. Im hesitant however, since some of the ingredients sound less than ideal/necessary for leather care - but Im far from an expert (which is where you all come in ;)) Im wondering what your take is on this blend of ingredients based on what you have experienced with them if you havent used the Leather Shine specifically (which Im guessing not many have) I have never used it and dont want to waste my money (or sell it to others) if it is less than ideal.

Ingredients: Bee Wax, Carnauba Wax, Lanoline, Vegetable Oil, Vaseline, Glycerine, parfum oil

Lanolin based carnauba wax: Seals product without silicon, alcohol or lye so it will not crack leather. In fact it increases suppleness and stops leather from cracking and fading.

Bees Wax and vaseline: Penetrate to soften leather and protect against moisture.
Vaseline: Is a high quality, pharmaceutical vaseline. Pure, clean alkanes are being incorporated into this product, which are not known to have any allergenic, skin irritation or toxic side effects.

Prior to all this Ive had my eye on the Montana Pitch Blend Leather Dressing - the simple, all natural ingredients including the unique pitch blend appealed to me... I cant find a list of ingredients other than what is on their site (which simply lists beeswax, mink oil and pine pitch)

Wondering what the pros/cons are to the ingredients listed for both products - and which will be the best in the long run. I also live in BC where it is wet all the time so need something that is really going to protect my leather.

Thanks in advance for your insights! Sorry this is so long :)

I have been using Pecard's and Montana Pitchblend for quite awhile. I tend to use Pecard's for MC gear and Montana Pitchblend for everything else. The MP product comes in a oil and a paste, the paste has the beeswax. Pecard's is more petro based and MP is all natural, the both work. I use the MP oil where you would use saddle oil, and the paste or oil can also be used to "rejuvenate" some old or dried-out leathers, ditto Pecard's. It would be hard to qualify another product as "better" than these as I can't think of anything more I could want from them. I have used other products, even olive oil, but they don't "waterproof" as well as MP or Pecard's.

Art