well I tried a "new" acrylic finish tonight I recently ran out of mop and glo 50/50 water mix so I went on the hunt for it (mop and glo) after trying to remember if it was always the "lemon fresh" citrus smelling stuff or just "regular unleaded" so I stuck my sniffer in a few bottles of the stuff and found not only a lemony fresh smell but a distinct smell of ammonia hmm that's the cleaning part of mop and glo that's what has been "leaching my dyes even after an over night dry time...well anyway I found some Dollar General floor finish (label has nothing about cleaning properties) didn't smell like ammonia nor did it smell like fruit....decided to pass on it though...so after just tossing the towel and deciding to PM a certain man who hooked me on the mop and glo (you know who you are hehe!) I said hmm acrylic floor stuff leme see, ....scratching and thinking here...looking under kitchen sink..this bottle says ACRYLIC finish and says no cleaners lets eggspierment alittle....distilled water check..PLEDGE with FUTURE floor finish check empty bottle check....mix 50/50 good to go scrap piece of freshly dyed leather (USMC BLACK cause the mop and glo leaches the tar out of it) three light coats later BAM!!! looks fine smells like leather flexes no white cracking...and best of all NO leaching...im sold and hope I can still find this formula.on shelves... so why floor polish and not a purpose made product you may ask? well why not its worked well and its different..also this "new stuff" is CLEAR not milky, does not smell like AMMONIA and I used a brush(hairy stick) with it... smooth finish and no streaks...the finish is the same nice warm glow I love from the smelly stuff...score..hope this helps someone...Stealf.