Embossing machine.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patrice

Patrice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Books, country side, coutry music, leatherworking, women ;) Hunting, fishing, cooking, sci-fi, movies, fishing, horseriding.

Want to know more? Just ask me ;)
  • Leatherwork Specialty:None
  • Interested in learning about:Improving all of my skills

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

Hi everyone!

I just bought on ebay 2 custom made embossing wheels. They look damn good but my problem is that they are oversized compared to those made by tippman and tandy.

The biggest one as a 3" diameter and is 1 1/2" wide. So, it wont fit on the old speedy embossing nor the new one.

I would like to know if the tippman embossing will accept such a huge wheel? I just send them my question.

And you? Do you you know another embossing machine that i can buy in the US or Canada? I dont have sales tax number so i cannot buy for weaver.

Here's a picture of the biggest one.

Many thanks.

Attached Files

Patrice

#2 Bree

Bree

Leatherworker

• Contributing Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Guns, Kayaking, Canoeing, Sewing, Leather, Computers, Website/Application Development
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Biker leather
  • Interested in learning about:Gunleather
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Google

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hi everyone!

I just bought on ebay 2 custom made embossing wheels. They look damn good but my problem is that they are oversized compared to those made by tippman and tandy.

The biggest one as a 3" diameter and is 1 1/2" wide. So, it wont fit on the old speedy embossing nor the new one.

I would like to know if the tippman embossing will accept such a huge wheel? I just send them my question.

And you? Do you you know another embossing machine that i can buy in the US or Canada? I dont have sales tax number so i cannot buy for weaver.

Many thanks.

I don't think that thing would fit on my Tippman embosser. But the only way to know for sure is to test it.
:red_bandana: :red_bandana: :red_bandana:
Ride Safe!
Bree

2003 Dyna Wide Glide
Memberships:
Iron Butt Association, Niagara Falls HOG, Wild Fire HOG
NRA, Niagara County Sportsman's Association

#3 ABC3

ABC3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Concealment holsters & belts
  • Interested in learning about:Yes
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Googled

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

Why can you not buy from Weaver? I have purchased several items (including the imbosser) from them (too many if the truth be known) and I do not have a Tax ID # but do have a bus. Lic. This is all that is required.
NRA Member
Certified Firearms Instructor
www.agcustomgunleather.com

#4 CampbellRandall

CampbellRandall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Machinery, Parts & Service
  • Interested in learning about:Anything related to the leather industry
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Google

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hi everyone!

Many thanks.

The dies are probably made for a Randall embosser (1-5/8" bore). The Randall dies are larger for longer repeats and can emboss deeper the hand crank machines. If its a 1" bore, it might be an old Russle or McMillan embosser die, but 3" OD sounds like a Randall.

#5 Patrice

Patrice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Books, country side, coutry music, leatherworking, women ;) Hunting, fishing, cooking, sci-fi, movies, fishing, horseriding.

Want to know more? Just ask me ;)
  • Leatherwork Specialty:None
  • Interested in learning about:Improving all of my skills

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

Thank you every one for your answers!

@Hobby Tom

Did not know that weaver was accepting bussinnes license. I migth go and get one from Québec governement.

@Campbell Randall

Thank's. It is still possible to buy some Randall embosser?

And, i just received a e-mail from Tippman. They are saying that if i can send them the 3" wheel, they will make a bottom roll to accomodate my big roll.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Patrice

#6 kevinhopkins

kevinhopkins

Springfield Leather Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Leather work of all sorts, and leather in general
  • Leatherwork Specialty:all sorts of leather work
  • Interested in learning about:all sorts of leather work

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Thank you every one for your answers!

@Hobby Tom

Did not know that weaver was accepting bussinnes license. I migth go and get one from Québec governement.

@Campbell Randall

Thank's. It is still possible to buy some Randall embosser?

And, i just received a e-mail from Tippman. They are saying that if i can send them the 3" wheel, they will make a bottom roll to accomodate my big roll.

Campbell Bosworth still sells them.
Kevin

:You_Rock_Emoticon: