• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SabaTexas

SabaTexas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

Does anyone know where I can find some patterns for making Tapaderos. I am especially interested in finding instructions and a pattern for rawhide Tapaderos, however any patterns would be appreciated. Regular and overshoe patterns would be great.

#2 terrahyd

terrahyd

Ambassador

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:tooling wildlife
  • Leatherwork Specialty:tooled belt buckles
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:net

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

HI saba;;

I seem to remmber (Fordsmtack) talking about this a couple of months ago;; check his posts --uper left on his profile..good luck ..Doc..

#3 SabaTexas

SabaTexas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Thank you for your help. I talked to Bob Klenda today about his patterns. He did not have the rawhide pattern I was looking for.

Here is the style: http://buysaddles.co...-13485-669.html
That I would like to make.

#4 Tyrel

Tyrel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:learning all that i can
  • Leatherwork Specialty:none yet, mabe someday saddles
  • Interested in learning about:Saddles, Trees, and Tooling
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:online

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

I have a Tap pattern that is very similar. I usually rivet mine but it would be no big deal to lace them. I make most of my taps with sole leather but I have made some out of rawhide with this same pattern. P.M me if you would like the pattern.
-Ty-

Attached Files

#5 SabaTexas

SabaTexas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:14 AM

Thank you very much for your offer for the tapadero pattern. It will come in real handy and may even save someone from a bad wreck someday. Look forward to getting started making a pair.

#6 rodeomic

rodeomic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Leather work, sports, rodeo, movies, taking naps, good food, reading, searching for the perfect Reuben sandwich.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:western tack and gear. minor repair
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:web search

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Does anyone know where I can find some patterns for making Tapaderos. I am especially interested in finding instructions and a pattern for rawhide Tapaderos, however any patterns would be appreciated. Regular and overshoe patterns would be great.

Hey Saba,

I am new here, so you probably already have your answer. But, Tandy Leather has a Horse Tack Accessory pattern pack, item number 6025-00, with a pretty good Tapadero pattern. I modified their pattern to make a set of "Monkey Nose" taps. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth. I know how frustrating it can be to search for pattern's.
Happy Trails!

#7 jmfettke04

jmfettke04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:tack

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

I don't mean to seem rude, but i would very much like to see your pattern.

I have a Tap pattern that is very similar. I usually rivet mine but it would be no big deal to lace them. I make most of my taps with sole leather but I have made some out of rawhide with this same pattern. P.M me if you would like the pattern.
-Ty-

#8 indigosmith

indigosmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

I know this post is old but I would like a pattern of the tapaderos you have. My email is indigosmith04@sbcglobal.net,

-Ty-

#9 diss18

diss18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Western Saddles
  • Interested in learning about:Tapaderos
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Yahoo

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

-Ty-

Your taps are the kind I am looking for. Could yousend me a pattern.
Clay