In a couple of recent threads, . . . the subject of a holster press has come up a couple of times.

Being the king of cheap, . . . I have one that suffices for all the things I need it to do, . . . and the most expensive part of it is simply the 40 durometer gum rubber I bought for it.

Don't laugh, . . . it's paid for, . . . and it runs works.

I haven't yet figured out all I can use it for, . . . or even for sure how I want to use it, . . . but the holster that you can see only the edges of in the picture is SOME KINDA MOLDED.

May God bless,

Dwight

holster press_edited.jpg

post-6728-126542247407_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dwight

Dwight; As a do it your selfer also that is neet;;;where did you get the gum rubber???I should have the rest or can make it ;;GOOD JOB ....thanks for sharing.....Doc.....

Edited by terrahyd

That looks very cool, Dwight; thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: I like that idea better than buying one from Harbor Freight. For what is that material under the bottom rubber pad?

terrahyd, you can buy the gum rubber from McMaster-Carr.

L'Bum

That looks very cool, Dwight; thanks for sharing. thumbsup.gif I like that idea better than buying one from Harbor Freight. For what is that material under the bottom rubber pad?

terrahyd, you can buy the gum rubber from McMaster-Carr.

L'Bum

Leather, . . . you got the button, . . . McMaster-Carr is where the rubber sheets came from. So did the high density poly that you so deftly picked out between the steel sheet and the bottom rubber sheet.

It is the same stuff that Wally world sells for cutting boards, . . . white, . . . kinda slick, . . . wipes clean, . . . knives cut it & won't get dull if you use it for a cutting board.

I have a couple 12 in squares of the stuff, . . . use it just to give height to the stack, . . . don't have to pump so many strokes.

I put off welding one together for over a year, . . . then one day the light bulb came on, . . . why not just make out of 2 x 4's, . . . bolted together with carriage bolts, . . . voila, . . . project done. I've got some "changes" to make, . . . but it'll stay pretty much as it is.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight it looks great! Care to show a photo of a still-wet holster that comes out of that thing?

Looks good!

Dwight it looks great! Care to show a photo of a still-wet holster that comes out of that thing?

+1 for whar Dick said... and for the request to see a still-wet holster after being pressed... :)

+1 for whar Dick said... and for the request to see a still-wet holster after being pressed... smile.gif

Sorry, folks, it took so long to get back to you.

First pic, . . . wet holster ready to fold & mold

Second pic, . . . in the press (can you see it?)

Third pic, . . . product after the big squeeze, . . . still a bit wet behind the safety.

This is the first production holster to come out of it, . . . and quite frankly, . . . I'm pretty happy with it so far.

May God bless,

Dwight

ready for press.jpg

ready in press.jpg

ready set pressed.jpg

post-6728-126723865672_thumb.jpg

post-6728-126723868579_thumb.jpg

post-6728-1267238711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dwight