Sign in to follow this  
SooperJake

Couple Recent Projects

Here is my first horse hide holster for an XDm .45 and a small M&P compact holster. The horse is strange to work with. It cut really easy and sanded like a dream but it had areas that were like end grain on wood. I don't think it was the most top quality piece. I redyed the horse hide black as it was kind of faded. I goofed up and used the wrong stitch line pattern so when I realized my goof I tore the damn thing up and threw it away. Next holster the stitching will follow the contour appropriately.

Also first time not putting the stitch line all the way around a holster (M&P) and it just looks unfinished to me. Anyway., I wanted to get opinions mostly on the photo set up. How do the pictures look overall ( as well as the holsters) ?

Edited by SooperJake

Maybe getting the pictures on the post would help....

post-32287-0-05410800-1366754460_thumb.j

post-32287-0-11024100-1366754470_thumb.j

hey Jake, photos look good, i like the background you are using, it kinda makes everything pop out...i dont see anything wrong with the way you didnt stitch all the way around..really, as long as the holster is unlined, its only for show, and some people prefer that look...especially doing the white thread on darker leather...nice job i think...

Thanks for the kind words. The background is the last of a hide I bought from Tandy last year that wouIdn't lay flat so I soaked it with the hose, pressed it flat with a door and put in the sun for a day or two. I love that color.