Sign in to follow this  
K-Man

custom head knife

For those who may want a custom head knife, or at least a better quality knife than is offered through most sources, we are going to be offering them. There will be two different styles. One will be a blade approximately 4 1/2" wide and the other will have what I call a 3/4 wide blade. The steel is 3/32" thick and it will be a full tang cut. The knives will be made from 440 and will be heat treated. They will have micarta as grip/handle material. The price will be $125-$150 (I'm waiting for the final price from the knifemaker) + shipping. We will also offer other features to further customize the knife. You can have bolsters added, fancy pins, different grip/handle material, and even damascus steel. You can have the tang of the knife hidden, you can have file work done on a full tang. Feel free to contact me for a quote for any added features you may be interested in. Here's a couple of pics of the one I started and the knifemaker finished up. This one has layered bolsters (diamond cut), fancy pin, and sanbar stag.

RoundKnife1.jpg

RoundKnife1a.jpg

I would encourage anyone who's interested in getting such a knife to do some research on the pricing. There was a advertisement in the most recent edition of the LCSJ for Dozier Knives offering the same. It looks like there were some custom style knives available at the IFOLG show. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the knives that we will offer. The turnaround time, from date of order to shipping of the knife, will be approximately 2-4 weeks.

That's beautiful.

Wow Awsome Knife!!

Are these stillavailable??

LJS

LJS:

I don't have that particular knife in my possession any longer. I traded it back to the knifemaker for a different one. He is local to me, and I can check and see if he still has it or not.

I do have another knife available. It's the same overall shape, but has a different grip material on it, and does not have the file work on the tang. The price would be $150 + shipping. If you're interested, send me a pm here on the forum, and I can get a picture of it to you.