Moabforge

Pfaff 145 h4 pressure foot regulator screw broken

Hello all, 

i found a pfaff 145 in an old shed. I have cleaned and lubed. Timing seems close. Deburred the hook and reset the clutch. This 145 is the H4 version and the pressure regulator screw is broken off at the entrance to the main knob.  Has anyone fixed this before?

I am thinking I need to dremel a screw dlot in the broken shaft to get it out and replace the screw.

3B088975-FD85-48E8-AD07-A446F520755F.jpeg

Edited by Moabforge
Photo add

That looks an interesting problem.  There appears to be a slot in the brass sleeve surrounding the broken bolt. It would be worth trying to unscrew that and see if it brings out the broken item.  You could make a wide screwdriver and file out the centre to bridge the broken bolt.  Alternatively drill a hole down the centre, or as close to the centre as you can get, and use an "Easyout" to remove it.  These are available in sets and consist of a tapered, very course left handed raised spiral.  Tap the tool into the hole and unscrew in the usual direction. The raised flutes tend to dig into the sides of the drilled hole gripping the bolt and unscrewing it.  Sometimes applying heat would also help the process.....

Hope this helps.

Regards

David; Plymouth; UK