wabbit

Double Needle Clamp for a Bernina 217

Not a leather sewing machine, but the knowledge base here is great. Anyone have a source or lead on a double needle clamp for a Bernina 217. Global does not list one afaik.

Erik

Well, when you find one, grab an extra one for me to ...LOL
OHhhh, that 217 double needle clamp, and also grab me a Cam Reader Box .....HAHAHAHA
There pretty much unicorns , and people who have them along with their old 217's never sell them, even though they never set-up  with and use use for double needle work . Same as Cam Reader box. I know one guy with 3 of them, but only way to get one off him will be to steal one after he's dead .

Global will sell you a cam box... 

If I find a source on the needle clamp I'll let you know

On 7/31/2022 at 11:01 PM, wabbit said:

Global will sell you a cam box... 

If I find a source on the needle clamp I'll let you know

I questioned them about their ( ZZ 217 ) machine , and it being close clone/copy of the original 217-08 made in Switzerland .
They told they will sell a cam box to me, but they will not guarantee it fitting to the original Bernina 217-08 .

.mI think they are selling a 6mm and 12 mm machine.  I had a 8 mm Bernina with a 12 mm cam.  I bought all the Global parts to successfully convert  it to a 12mm machine with a puller. 

Erik 

Hey wabbit,

I got an 8mm Bernina with a decorative stitch mechanism, which is not the real thing, the decorative stitching is not sizable in stitching width. There is no cam that would do the 3-step zigzag with this dec-box called the Feston. The Feston turns twice as fast as the cam box (big or small) And the cams are small and need to be very precise. Using a regular 8mm cam will result in a 6-step weird-looking zigzag.

However, i managed to design a cam that does the job, but i always have to change the cam, if i want to have a wider or more narrow stitch.. so i have made cams for 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm...  And having them printed in ABS is not ideal, because they probably will use up pretty fast and then the zigzag will round down to a wave...

So i would like to convert it to 12mm and puller, with a cam box (the big one)

Can you recall and post or DM to me what you had to buy to get the conversion done? Thanks a lot!