Klodds

Fav AV2 blade replacement

Hi there,

So I noticed a bit of a knock while operating my AV2 the other day—after some exploring I discovered that there is a slight bit of play in the bushing holding the bell knife, not much mind you, but enough that I can move the blade and mounting plate from left to right about 1/32” and it makes a noise.

I investigated further and found that I have no idea how to remove the dampener pin in order to get at the bell knife mounting screws.

I have a flat washer looking piece with no obvious way to unthread it—I’m assuming this piece is threaded like most other machines I’ve work on. It also looks like there is threading on the small hole in the center—maybe I am missing a part here?

I have no idea what’s happened; I’ve been operating this machine problem free for 6 years.

Anyone have any ideas? Or if you have an older AV2 could you send photos of your blade mount assembly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Keegan

Here's a photo of the inside of the blade––that centre washer must have to come out but it's not apparent how to go about doing that. The hole in the centre of the silver ring is threaded; by my guess the thread size is 15/64-28.

IMG_1678.png

Hi Keegan

I have taken 15 skiving machines apart over the last couple of years. I am not quite sure, what you mean.

Do you mean, how to remove the scrap ejector? 

Cheers

Søren