Sign in to follow this  
Danotriglide

Double loop lacing

Good morning everybody, I got into double loop lacing the edges of about everything I make but the other day I caught a boo boo I made in the first couple of inches in the beginning. This left me with no choice but the pull out the lacing until I got to the bad part. I was then left no choice but continue lacing until I got to the part of finishing the lacing. This wasted about 8 inches of lace! Is there a video or at least some diagram of how I could of laced “ backwards “ once I fixed the boo boo instead of cutting the lace off? It looks so simple but it’s very hard for me to figger out.

Thanks!

Dano

I had that problem a while ago. I just had to deal with it and pay more attention to my lacing and check my work every couple of inches or everytime I made a loop to make sure. The only thing I could figure out is make your strands longer on each side and when you get to that part either pull strands out of your work risking the messy leather or just keep going and pull out the work on the other end. In my experience, depending on how long the leather braid stretch is in the leather braid, you just take that section and splice the section. And if you do it right, it will hide the leather lace where it wont come undone. Tandy leather has a good video where you are splicing your leather. But I hate doing this so I add another foot or two onto my braiding lace. 

Edited by Cowboyleatherman