toxo

Manual press bought.

Finally bit the bullet and bought one of these.

Wiped out half my finances but I need to raise my game.

Lucris Hand Press, M A Series III Clicker Press in Scotland, UK from Alpress

Should be happy with it. I was between a Lucris and the Weaver mighty wonder and went with the mighty wonder based on a discount I had with Weaver. Now you just need to have some of your designs made into dies! 

Good buy, and goodbye your savings, but you'll see a difference

I'm using my Tandy press but I may have to save up for one of these

Thanks guys.

there's a huge difference between one of these and the rest because the rest are in the US. This cost me £1520.00.  That includes 20% VAT & delivery. They've even included a free 10mm board for when you use the narrower dies. The others can't get near that.

Another reason was I wasn't sure about the difference between the ones that work on linkage and the ones that work on eccentric cams. My engineers brain said the cams would need oiling all the time with the possibility of that part of the cam wearing out. The Lucris is a linkage machine so if anything is gonna wear out it'll just be bolts. I might be talking out of my arse here but that's the way I see it.

Can't wait for it to get here.

@Rubicon04 I make a lot of the dies myself if they're not too intricate I still have almost a full box of 1 meter 2 point rule steel. :)

On 4/28/2023 at 5:33 PM, fredk said:

Good buy, and goodbye your savings, but you'll see a difference

I'm using my Tandy press but I may have to save up for one of these

Press arrived yesterday Fred. Love it. Did this miniature bootee kit in less than a minute.

bootee kit2.jpg

1 hour ago, nycnycdesign said:

Nice! I always recommend the Lucris whenever I can. I bought on when I started and I still use it everyday even with cnc cutters and clicker presses. 

I heard there was a question of build quality and customer relations.

The build quality seems fine but as for the public relations, not so much.

After taking my money I heard nothing until I emailed them. was told I would be updated with the info when she had it. Couple of days later I got a call from the driver telling me he was outside my house with a pallet. Later that day I got an email from a different party telling me my press would be delivered tomorrow lol.

1 hour ago, nycnycdesign said:

I'm not sure who you bought it from but most of us in the states buy them from Henry Veenhoven and not Lucris directly. Good chap. Easy to deal with.

That's ok. I'm in the UK. Lucris is in Scotland. The shipping would've killed the deal. I paid £1520 inc taxes and shipping.

I candle the poor customer service, although it wasn't poor really, just their right hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing. The quality seems fine. I've played with it briefly and I love it. Gonna make things a lot better.

Not to split hairs, but Lucris is in Australia. Based on your first post I gather that Allpress dropped the ball and not Lucris themselves? It's important to be clear whos at fault if you're going to post something less than ideal about a company. You know what they say, bad press......is bad press. 

40 minutes ago, nycnycdesign said:

Not to split hairs, but Lucris is in Australia. Based on your first post I gather that Allpress dropped the ball and not Lucris themselves? It's important to be clear whos at fault if you're going to post something less than ideal about a company. You know what they say, bad press......is bad press. 

Of course you're right. My bad. I guess I'd seen the name Lucris too often.