Rwest

The Secret Life of the Sewing Machine

I found this, this morning and I thought most here might truly enjoy this piece on the evolution of the Sewing Machine. The narrator even addressess his dirty fingernails at the end.  Ive searched the site and I could not find where it had been posted Prior. 

Edited by Rwest

What fun!! I really enjoyed this little film. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, @Rwest.  That is a fun and informative film. 

1 hour ago, cynthiab said:

What fun!! I really enjoyed this little film. Thanks for sharing!

I found it iteresting, I had no ideal of how long they had been making Toy Sewing machines.

37 minutes ago, TomE said:

Thanks, @Rwest.  That is a fun and informative film. 

Thanks @TomE I found it informative as well, I thought the site might enjoy it as well, I had never seen it before. 

The Secret Life of Machines was a really great series from the 80s!  One of the best at explaining how things work with a slightly gritty edge.  Those old shows are all on his YouTube!  Check out some of Tim Hunkin's new videos from the last year or so.  He has a series from his workshop on practical engineering for makers covering everything from pulleys and levers to basic electrical and electronic design ... from his own experience rather than from a formal engineering point of view.  Really enjoyable to watch.

- Bill

20 hours ago, billybopp said:

The Secret Life of Machines was a really great series from the 80s!  One of the best at explaining how things work with a slightly gritty edge.  Those old shows are all on his YouTube!  Check out some of Tim Hunkin's new videos from the last year or so.  He has a series from his workshop on practical engineering for makers covering everything from pulleys and levers to basic electrical and electronic design ... from his own experience rather than from a formal engineering point of view.  Really enjoyable to watch.

- Bill

Thanks @billybopp, Ill be searching for those later on today I had heard of The Secret Life of Machines" but never bothered to look them up until now. I enjoy those kinds of teachable moments and YouTubes. Sure beats politics.