Sign in to follow this  
MariaMS

Singer 31-19

Hello! A friend recently acquired a Singer 31-19 as a tag along to a bunch of other machines.  I've freed it up, just the bobbin case to clean and then I can check the timing and see if it will sew.  Sadly it looks like most of the kick foot assembly is missing- see pics. It currently has a standard high shank foot instead.  Does anyone know if such parts are still available?  We are in New Zealand.

kick foot assembly.jpg

S6630001.JPG

They are out of production for a long time and even if you find the parts (you never know) they may cost more than the machine is worth when restored. Maybe a 2nd machine for parts would help but they are quite rare.

Anyway - since you are in NZ checking with MARFAR in Australia may be an idea. They sometimes pop up when I´m looking for parts. Maybe they have old stock they do not have listed in their webshop. Just a guess.

https://marfar.com.au/

9 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

thanks for that- i had a quick look on their website, but contacting them is an option.  You are totally right on the cost front.  it may be another machine pops up in the future that I can gather parts from....... there seems to be all sorts hidden away in old sheds!!  It will be interesting to see if it works as is - makes me wonder if the system was replaced with a standard presser bar.  I am not that familiar with them as yet. Part of the issue with contacting Mayfar would be I haven't figured out the part numbers I'd need to ask about!  I have the manual, but it is a bit tricky working out what the parts look like!!

Edited by MariaMS
addition