A friend recently got given a bunch of machines, including a Pfaff 191-5. it looks like it has been sitting for a few years. The needle system and hook timing are now working fine, but then I noticed it was sewing in one spot..... it appears the drive shaft the runs the continuous wheel feed is not moving.  If I hold the stitch selector button down, I can't move anything, and when I let it go it just disengages. I have doused the gear train in kerosene and PB blaster, and will let it sit for a few days. The worry is the condition of the shaft - to me it looks like an aftermarket part, and has blueing showing partway along..... would removing this shaft be the first step to track where it is jamming, or could there be something more obvious I am missing?  I did open up the cover plate over the main vertical drive shaft to check, and the grease is not hard. Sorry I didn't take images of the top end, I can do that next time i am at the workshop.

S6640001.JPG

S6640002.JPG

S6640003.JPG

S6640004.JPG

329875134_9165559446848894_4203882803068923641_n.jpg

Sorted.  It turned out to be the usual things - grease was a bit dirty, but the main issue was lint and broken needles in between the feed wheel and the hook, and also a heap of thread wrapped around the base of the hook assembly! So the same issue as most of the domestics I've worked on, but just looked more complicated.

S6650004.JPG

S6660007.JPG

S6660008.JPG

S6660010.JPG

S6660011.JPG

S6660012.JPG

Nice work. Amazing how some of these old machines even ran before they were put up.