thefanninator

Looking for Belt strap cutter machine services - Austin, TX

Hi. I'm looking for a business or individual who can cut 2 Wickett & Craig English bridle backs into belt straps. I don't trust my manual strap cutter to to do this quickly or accurately. Preferably in the Austin area. Thanks.

Edited by thefanninator

If I lived closer I would help you out. You really shouldn't have an issue doing it with a hand held strap cutter. I use one of the old wood ones and the most important thing is keeping a sharp blade in it. Mine uses the 2 inch long blades. The other thing to do is keep the hide stable while cutting. I use the kitchen table and use clamps to hold the hide in place. I recently cut a Hermann Oak belt bend in 12 oz weight and had no issues.

Hi Ed,

Do you have a strap cutting machine? I make it up to the Metroplex on occasion, I would happily pay for the service if you have a machine.

Sorry but I don't have a machine. I do have another suggestion though, Tandy has a complete workshop that they let people use. The main location is on South 820 in Arlington. I don't know all of the specifics so you need to look on their website or call the store.

Thanks for the info Ed!