Farmfield

Noisy Juki 563

So let's start off with me being pretty familiar with industrial sewing machine mechanics, but, and though the Singer 111 design is my absolute favorite, it's also a design I'm just not very good with, servicing... 

Now I got myself a noisy Juki 563. As far as I can tell the main issues are; a stuttery noise in the front, like the gears are too tight, and there's a "knobby" sound from the timing belt.

But the shape of the gears and the belt seems fine, so I'm guessing it's all a question of adjustment.

There's also a bit of a howl at faster speeds - something I've run across with several Juki 562/563's before - but never with Singer 111..? Anyone know why that is?

I'm kinda thinking it might be the rubber belt vs the cleated belt in the Singer 111's that might be a factor. Not cheap to get a NOS cleated belt, though, but if it's that, I might put up the $75 for one - especially to get away from that knobby sound. 

And I've checked around a bit and watched some videos, but I haven't found anything about these specific problems. So yeah, any tips, links to good Singer 111/Juki 56x service resources, videos, etc, on this stuff would be much appreciated.

Image for attention. Cheers. :D

FB_IMG_1635756346531~2.jpg