Farmfield

Juki 562, top thread gets caught in bobbin tension slit

So when going around the bobbin, the top thread at times get stuck in the tension slit. Does anyone know what causes this problem?

Cheers Johnny 

Screenshot_2023-09-15-13-43-11-141_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox~4.png

1 hour ago, Farmfield said:

So when going around the bobbin, the top thread at times get stuck in the tension slit. Does anyone know what causes this problem?

Cheers Johnny 

Tilt the machine back & on the middle shaft (the one that runs the hook) you see a large gear,loosen the 2-set screws just 1/2 a turn & tap the gear to the right 2-3mm,should fix it.

1 hour ago, CowboyBob said:

Tilt the machine back & on the middle shaft (the one that runs the hook) you see a large gear,loosen the 2-set screws just 1/2 a turn & tap the gear to the right 2-3mm,should fix it.

What exactly does that do? It feels like that would change the timing..?

1 hour ago, Farmfield said:

What exactly does that do? It feels like that would change the timing..?

Yes, if your timing is slow the take-up lever is trying to pull the thread up before it's all the way around the hook & can cause the problem.

24 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Yes,if your timing is slow the takeup lever is trying to pull the read up before it's all the way around the hook & can cause the problem.

Hmm, ok, so it's a top-bottom sync issue...

And I could move it 1-2mm, then it started binding up, and it's better, but not perfect. 

I think the bobbin case might be damaged, the edge on the slit is very sharp, almost protruding, so I'll get some fine sandpaper and soften that transition, I bet that'll sort the issue completely. 

I really appreciate the help. :D