Sign in to follow this  
Jamesgentry270

Singer 111w153 vs 211G165

For wallets and possibly an occasional belt which machine would y’all go with? I’m new to the machine world and am looking for any insight on it. The 111w was recommended but is it very much different between the two? Thanks guys! 

I think I seen that the 211 has reverse where the 111 don’t. But is the presser take up height the same or is one larger than the other? I think yhe 111w would be a good first machine, but the 211G is a bit cheaper and the same distance away. A lot more info on the 111 that iv seen but I’ll keep looking

49 minutes ago, Jamesgentry270 said:

I think I seen that the 211 has reverse where the 111 don’t. But is the presser take up height the same or is one larger than the other? I think yhe 111w would be a good first machine, but the 211G is a bit cheaper and the same distance away. A lot more info on the 111 that iv seen but I’ll keep looking

The biggest difference is the handwheel,it's smaller on the 211 so it'll harder to slow down & some of the parts & screws have been discontinued on it,everything is still available for the 111W.

2 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

The biggest difference is the handwheel,it's smaller on the 211 so it'll harder to slow down & some of the parts & screws have been discontinued on it,everything is still available for the 111W.

Got ya. I didn’t know if either was better than the other or if one would be better for small/medium leather. Thanks for the advice! 

the 211g165 does not have reverse.  Neither does a 111w153 as I understand.