Michael Sheldon

Neel's Model 5 - Free in AZ

Neel's Saddlery Model 5 cylinder bed. I bought this many years ago, and have rarely used it.

It handles #207 and #277 thread quite well. It handles #138 adequately. It does NOT handle #69, even though the manual claims otherwise. (Can't tension the bottom enough.)
It will very easily handle 3/4" of leather. Needle size 214x2/328 S 

This is a bottom-feed only machine, and as such, the feed dogs are quite sharp, and mar the bottom surface. Additionally, there is a lot of pressure on the foot, so it tends to leave drag marks on the top of top-coated leather also, uncoated veg-tan is not an issue. It works very well if the back will not be visible, or the back is raw flesh side. This is primary the reason I don't use it. Most everything I do is lined, or needs to look presentable on the back side. This is a good machine for doing utility work, tool belts, etc.

Motor, bobbin winder, 8 bobbins, misc parts and manual are included.
Table is NOT included. 

The sample stitching shown in the pics was done just a few months ago, the machine is working just as it did when I bought it.

Local pickup in Gilbert Arizona ONLY. Sorry, not going to go through a lot of effort for a freebie.

PXL_20231216_162055208_sm.jpgPXL_20231216_162106134_sm.jpgPXL_20231216_162302394_sm.jpgPXL_20231216_162306866_sm.jpg

PXL_20231216_162106134_MP.jpg

@Michael Sheldon I would like to talk to you about your Neels #5 If possible. I live about 3 1/2 hours away close to Kingman az Thanks, Terry 

Edited by Southerngunner
More info